You may consider participating in an international internship opportunity if:
- Your GPA is 3.25 or higher
- You meet eligibility requirements
First, ask yourself a few questions:
- Is your primary objective gaining valuable experience working in another country?
- What kind of skills do you want to develop?
- What time of year is best for you?
Find an International Internship
While we have established relationships with internship sites overseas, you can also find an internship opportunity on your own, using these resources:
Offers various types of international internships.
Covers paid and volunteer work abroad, living abroad, studying abroad, and cultural travel overseas.
Comprehensive career resource toolkit to find an international internship
Learn about various types of international internships.
Offers a range of volunteer abroad and teaching overseas programs in Ireland, the UK, Australia and other global locations.
Our international internship sites include:
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Merrion Hotel
Turks & Caicos
Regent Palm Resort
Find information on visas, passports, work permits and everything you might need to know about traveling, living and working abroad.
- Atlas of Student Mobility includes information on funding, country profiles and other useful information for students traveling internationally.
- CIA World Factbook covers country history, people, government, economy, and much more.
- globalEDGE™ is an international business portal and provides extensive insight on individual countries and regions.
Embassies and Customs Regulations
- Foreign Consular Offices in the U.S. offers a list of foreign embassies and consulates located in the U.S.
- The Electronic Embassy lists all foreign embassies located in Washington, D.C.
- The U.S. State Department lists all U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide, and offers safety and security information
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection offers useful information about customs regulations when leaving and entering the U.S.
Visas, Passports, Work Permits & Driver’s Licenses
- BUNAC assists with obtaining the necessary paperwork needed to work in several countries for a fee.
- Perry International will help expedite the procurement process for visas, passports, and international driver’s licenses for a fee.
- A Briggs Passport & Visa Expeditors provides U.S. passport services as well as travel visas for most countries for a fee.
- Travisa offers visa processing for a fee, as well as country information.
- Global Visas provides visa and work permit services for selected countries for a fee.
Living and Working Abroad
- Transitions Abroad provides information about living and working in a foreign country.
- Accommodations Abroad includes housing resources if your international internship site does not provide housing.
- Armchair World offers helpful information when traveling abroad.
- Rosetta Stone offers language-learning software.
- TravelGear.com covers items that you may need for your specific country.
- Currency Converter provides exchange rates.
- World Clock covers time differences.
- Lonely Planet provides travel guides and information.
- GoAbroad offers information on phone cards.